BREAKOUT SESSIONS – October 5th, 2002,
1. The Corp Yard must be included in the overall development plan for Japantown, it is not currently referenced in any planning document, which guides the development of Japantown;
2. A community review to evaluate developer’s proposals must be a part of the development process;
ISSUES: Who will evaluate development proposals; what role will district council person have in terms of choosing, electing, and appointing community representation.
3. Development of the Corp yard must include community-serving components and provide support for Japantown's service and cultural agencies;
4. Development in the Corp Yard must reflect Japanese-American culture and heritage while recognizing the multicultural history of the area.
5. Projects in the Corp Yard, as a whole must be financially self-supporting.
7. Art and Gardens must be incorporated into the proposed development of the Corp Yard.